Sunday, July 4, 2010

Ferrari 360 Modena Replica

this is the first Ferrari 360 Modena replica I’ve ever seen that actually looks good! Now that I think about it, it’s one of the only kit cars in general that looks good. Yeah, that picture up there is the kit, not the real 360.

The Ferrari 360 Modena happens to be my favorite car of all time, and while there aren’t very many kits out there for it, there are a few I’ve seen…and they’re hideous. Take this horrendous example:

Bad Ferrari 360  Modena Kit

Sorry to whoever made this, but that looks terrible, and wouldn’t fool anybody. It doesn’t even have the glass covering the engine! C’mon, that’s part of the 360’s character.

Anyway, this kit from Extreme Cars looks great, and being such a 360 Modena lover I’d say I’m pretty critical (or is it cynical?) It can even be converted from a 2-seater to a family-hauling 4-seater. That’s pretty impressive. It’s built on the Peugeot 406 as opposed to an MR2 or Fiero, which attributes to the accuracy. From what I can tell it’s of high quality, and each panel is spaced correctly, showing the craftsmanship is good. The rear of the car is surprisingly accurate, other than the lack of tailpipes, unless I’m missing something here:

Ferrari 360 Modena Kit - Rear

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails